Keep going – the end of exam-period is in sight, and all this fun awaits…
May is often the worst month of the year for students. Exam season is finally here and it’s either a case of praying those months of hard work pay off, or praying for that golden question having just whipped out the revision guides last week!
Either way, it will all be over soon and I’ve compiled a few pictures to help get you through the hard times and entering the good life. I decided more information isn’t really what’s wanted right now!
From stunning scenery and island getaways, to grandiose architecture and enchanting movie sets. There’s something out there for everyone. Freedom, bliss and relaxation are just around the corner.
Good luck and keep dreaming of those travelling days. In just 43 days time it will all become reality…
1. Wash away the stress of impeding results in the Kuang Si Falls, Laos
Cleanse the soul and embrace your newfound freedom.
2. Step back in time to experience the glories of ancient Rome
I hear the pizza isn’t bad in this city too…
3. Visit the enchanting Hobbiton set from Lord of the Rings to begin an adventure as daring as Frodo’s
Well who knew Middle Earth was in New Zealand?
4. Discover your spiritual side at the stunning temple of Angkor Wat
Perhaps the ultimate place to pray for those grades!
5. Marvel at the world’s most beautiful natural artwork: the Zhangye Danxia Landform in China
Mother Nature sure knows how to paint.
6. Escape to paradise on the San Blas Islands off Panama’s coast
To really get away from it all, set sail from Panama to Colombia with this idyllic stop off.
7. Become Westeros royalty with a stroll around the walls of King’s Landing in the Croatian sun
Your not a true Game of Thrones fan until you’ve ticked off the Dubrovnik set.
8. Witness the architectural genius that is the city of Cusco, Peru
Then there’s Machu Picchu, Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca and more to keep you busy too!
9. Enjoy one of the world’s most scenic train rides across 2017’s hottest destination: Sri Lanka
It’s not a bad place to volunteer either-you may not find a friendlier nation.
10. Become captivated by New Zealand’s charms on a cruise around the serene Milford Sound fiord
Could there be a more perfect place to your find peace with the world!?
11. Hop over to Hollywood to walk amongst the stars
Get that marker pen and selfie stick ready. You never know who you might come across in star-studded L.A.
12. Fly through the wind as you zipline over the world’s 2nd biggest canyon in magnificent Montenegro
The Tara canyon also lies just north of the breathtaking Durmitor NP if you’re up for a hike.
13. Fell the heat of Kilauea’s lava flows as you enter the volcanic wonderland of Hawaii’s Big Island
Afterwards it’s time to cool off in the crystal-clear waters, pina colada in hand.
14. Live the Lion King dream on safari across the plains of the Serengeti
The adrenaline coursing through you as a lion stalks past is far more thrilling than that of the silent exam hall…
15. Spend your weekend exploring Downton ‘behind the scenes’ at Highclere castle
Not quite the gap year backpacking adventure, but we all have to return home at some point!
16. Bask in the sun and let the worries float away in the paradise of Madagascar’s islands
You’ll soon have forgotten what month you’re in, what day it is and maybe even who you are…
17. And last of all, forget Ibiza and head to Stockholm to grab a few beers and dance the night away
It wouldn’t be a gap year without a little celebration.
Freedom is just a month away!
I hope this has proved to be a good source of inspiration to get you through the next few weeks. Everyone needs a fun bit of procrastination as the working day slogs on.
Where will your first stop be once the last paper closes and the door to the rest of your life is opened wide? The world really is your oyster!